Wednesday 23 December 2015

GV Blog Hop - Bring on the Bling


Hello My Friends

It is so close to Christmas and life here in my house has gotten incredibly busy.  But I still wanted a chance to participate in the Grand Vacation Achievers Blog Hop this month.

I'll keep this short as, with Christmas on Friday, I still have a million and one things to do in the next day or 2.  But for now, join me and some of my very talented friends as we show you FABULOUS projects that have BLING flashing and glittering from every angle!!   

You may just be starting the blog hop here (I'm Cynthia Millan) - or may have come from the person previous to me in the list. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup is listed at the bottom.





On to my card - I wanted my project to sparkle and shine like there's no tomorrow so I used silver embossing powder, silver metallic foil doilies and Basic Rhinestone Jewels to light up my card.  

The stamp set is a sneak peek for you.  I used First Sight, a new one set from the upcoming Spring Occasions catalogue.  Love the flourish that I embossed on the front and that I used to add silver embossed detailing to the outer edges of the Smoky Slate card.

And did anyone else notice how perfectly the fancy corners that you create with the Curvy Corner Trio punch (it is held over in the Spring catalogue!!) match the detailing on the metallic foil doilies that we sell?  How cute is that?

The challenge when you use this much bling, of course, is in getting a picture that does the card justice.  This was my first attempt - before I played with the lighting and the angles just a bit. 

Not quite as stunning, is it?!?



I hope you've enjoyed my card.  And don't forget to visit everyone else on the list below.  Hopping is fun and you will be amazed at the sheer gorgeousness of some of these projects!

Have a wonderful, joyful and joy-filled Christmas my friends, and God Bless,    ~Cynthia   <><

 

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful Cynthia! You have brought the bling for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the ways you brought bling to your project. i love those foil doilies cut up. They add wonderful pizzaz to your project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, so pretty!! Love all that silver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Cynthia!! Great card again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I especially love how you have embossed the flourish on the Smoky Slate card base!

    ReplyDelete