Wednesday 22 July 2015

Colour Me New - Grand Vacation Blog Hop

Hello My Friends

So glad you have joined us for our July Blog Hop!

A group of us who earned the Stampin' Up! Grand Vacation have decided to tickle your creative senses with projects made using 2 of the new 2015-2017 In Colors.  (full list of participants at the bottom of this post).  We were allowed to use more than that if we wished.  But we had to at least include 2 new In Colors.     And all I could think was...with pleasure!
 
I have seen a number of gorgeous cards using the From Land to Sea stamp set and these were my inspiration for the card I have for you today.  I paired Tip Top Taupe and Mint Macaron and just randomly coloured a piece of whisper white cardstock using an aquapainter.  
"Painted" Whisper White as a background - ready for turtles!!

Black-embossed turtle, fussy-cut from the painted background
















The turtle image was stamped onto this with versamark ink, then black embossing powder was applied and heated.  
Love how each of the turtles is unique!

No 2 turtles the same!




I did have to fussy-cut these guys out....but they look great and it was worth every little bit of effort!!  (note - I added a bit of Cucumber Crush ink to the turtles afterwards to give them even more of a realistic look)

The seaweed and fish images from By the Tide set were stamped onto the card front, the inside of the card, and the envelope, using Tip Top Taupe ink, and Gorgeous Grunge supplied some dots.  A little bit of sponging was also used to simulate the uneven transparency of underwater.  And a single fussy-cut turtle was added to the inside of the card to complete the effect.
Inside the Card

My sentiment (from Crazy For You) was embossed with black powder to make it stand out.  And my trio of turtles were all popped up using our Dimensionals.  And voila!  I ended up with a card that I really, really love!


My brother (eldest of us 9 kids) turns 60 next weekend and this will be his Birthday card.  The turtles look just like the giant painted turtle that lives at his Lake and I can't wait to send this trio down to wish him all the best!

I hope you have been inspired as you visit the blogs and are enjoying your hop through these wonderful creations.  The full list of hoppers is provided below.  You won't want to miss ANY of their creations.  Trust me!! 

Don't forget to leave some comments to encourage the participants.  But most of all, I hope you have a wonderful day and a terrific week!       God Bless,     ~Cynthia     <><
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

26 comments:

  1. LOVE it! Another set on my must have list now! We saw sea turtles when snorkeling on the Hawaii Incentive trip...brings back memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get this one at first Connie but now I am thrilled that I did! We swam with the giant sea turtles too. What a wonderful memory of a wonderful trip! Hope you have a great evening. God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  2. Really love this card Cynthia - beautiful colours. The Mint Macaron and Tip Top Taupe were meant to be together. I love the inside of your card too. Thanks so much for playing along again this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more. These 2 colours are a marriage made in heaven. So glad to be a part of your blog hop Kylie. You and Louise are terrific instructors! Have a wonderful day "down under" and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card Cynthia.....I agree....that colour combo is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa. It has been a lot of fun doing these blog hops, don't you think? Hope you've had a great day so far. God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  4. awesome card and love the tip with the random coloring the create the background for the turtles to stamp on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudia. It's pretty amazing...the painted sheet looked so random and shoddy but the turtles embossed over top came out *just* like I hoped they would!! Glad you like it too. Have a terrific day and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  5. Love what you've done with this!! Reminds me of the turtles we saw in Hawaii :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We swam with those turtles when we were snorkeling and this stamp set really is pretty realistic, isn't it Linda? Glad you saw them in Hawaii too. They were magnificent! Have an equally magnificent evening and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  6. This is a VERY beautiful card. I can tell you are very meticulous about your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why *thank you*. I regularly see so many other cards from other crafters that I admire - it's fun every once in a while to create something that takes a bit more time but is a small piece of art in its own way. Glad you thought so too! Have a wonderful evenign and thanks for your comment! God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Aren't we lucky to know such talented friends who can organize these hops Karina? Hope you've had as much fun as I have! Happy hopping and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  8. Cynthia you more than tickled my senses! I love the turtles and cannot imagine stamping them in any other technique now! The cards appeal to me on so many levels - adore the colour combination here and now NEED this stamp set whereas before I was moving it further down the wish list in favour of other things. . . beautiful my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it Shannean. Your cards are always so gorgeous so praise from you is high indeed! I love that we used the same colours - but both of our cards have a completely different feel to them. Great minds think alike though...right? ;) So glad I got to meet you and Kylie and the others in Hawaii. Looking forward to the Mediterranean next year! Till then, enjoy the weekend my friend and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  9. Cynthia this is so lovely! the card makes me feel so calm! Thanks a lot though... now I NEED this stamp set:) Can't wait to meet you in Mediterranean:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to meeting you too Angela. Your cards have always inspired me! Hope you have a terrific day. And yes --> you DO need this stamp set! :) God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous creation Cynthia! I love how you dress up the insides of your cards, and the new colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. It's always so much fun to make the insides of the card and the envelope coordinate with the card. A real "finished" look! Glad you stopped by. Hope you've had a chance to check out some of the other lovely creations in the blog hop. Enjoy your day and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  11. Cynthia this is just too beautiful. So may gorgeous and pretty details, however still completely masculine and I'm sure your brother will love it! On a side note...9 kids...I think my house is crazy with two!
    Thank you for playing along to the blog hop this week, we truly appreciate your support and love Cynthia.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louise - you and Kylie have been such great mentors in this blog hop process! Thank you for the support. I feel like I am in the company of superstars - and gracious royalty!! Thank you for your kind comments!! Have a terrific weekend and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous creation Cynthia ;)
    Like the inside too ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janneke. Hope you had as much fun with this blog hop as I did! Enjoy your week and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  13. Fun card and great techniques you used Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Caroline. We are lucky to have such gorgeous products to use! How could the cards be anything BUT beautiful? Right?!? Have a wonderful week and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete