Friday 14 March 2014

Fast and Fabulous Friday - Help From My Friends

Hello Everyone

My Fast & Fabulous Friday got off to a slow start.  8 kids in the house (March Break), no school, no appointments, and no priorities.  Would you hate me if I said I am typing this and I am *still* in my jammies?!?
Embossing towards the Inside

Embossing towards the Outside
























At any rate, I wanted to offer you a quick post today to inspire you.  

I myself was inspired by my friend and fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator (out in beautiful Saskatchewan!),  Shauna Mikuliak.  She posted a quick but beautiful card yesterday and I used it as a starting point to come up with this easy-peasy card.

No tricks.  Nothing complicated.  Just simplicity and beauty. 

The only difference between the 2 is the orientation of the embossing folder.   For the one on the left, the curves of the embossing folder are towards the interior of the card.  And for the right-hand card, the curves of the embossing folder are facing the outer edge of the card.

I'd be interested in your opinion.  Tell me which orientation you prefer?!

In the meantime, I do hope you are enjoying your Friday.  And I hope yours is Fabulous too!

God Bless,   ~Cynthia    <><

Product List
Stamp : Morning Meadow Clear-mount Stamp Set [129678] , Simply Sketched Wood-mount Stamp Set [129669]
Ink : Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad [126974] , White Stampin Chalk Marker [132133]
Card Stock : Crumb Cake 8-1/2X11 Card Stock [120953]
Accessory : Silver Baker's Twine [132976]
Big Shot : Delicate Designs Textured Impressions Embossing Folders [127023]

7 comments:

  1. I prefer the card on the left.
    Have a great weekend Cynthia.

    Suzane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzane - you and I definitely think alike! I created a whole bunch of these cards with the embossing facing the inside (yours and my preference) and only after embossing a bunch did it even occur to me to try to turn the folder around. I turned it, made some more, then turned it back. I like that it looks "softer" without the straight edge on the inside.

      Have a wonderful weekend my friend! And God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
    2. The card on the left.

      June T.

      Delete
    3. Definitely the one on the left.

      Delete
    4. Thanks June and Monique. It's unanimous!

      Funny - Although my own preference is for the one on the left, I did not think 'everyone else' would necessarily share my preference.
      I guess I should have trusted my instincts more, huh?
      Well then......you both might very well be seeing this card up close and personal quite soon. Embossing towards the inside! :)
      Enjoy your weekend and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  2. I like for the curved edge to be facing inward. (on the left) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup - I'm with you Susan. Thanks for weighing in with your preference.
      Enjoy your weekend and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete