Thursday 27 February 2014

Thankful Thursday - Hexagon Hive

Good Morning Friends

Another Thankful Thursday.  And another chance to remind myself of all the ways I've been blessed.  For today - I get to focus on the fact that my son, who although just a month shy of 12 yrs old, is still cuddly and affectionate.  No - of course not in the smoochy, huggy sort of way he was when he was very young.  But affectionate nonetheless.

He never fails to leave for school and tell me he loves me as he walks out the door.  Usually he will search me out first and give me a kiss goodbye.  And he gives a lot of hugs lately.  Whenever he is thankful for anything (and for a 12 yr old boy, this usually means I said yes to his request to have a cookie), well, lately when he is thankful for some little thing I have done, he comes and wraps his arms around me and looks up at me with his huge brown eyes and gives me a hug.  I think secretly he is assessing each time, how tall he is in relation to me and anticipating the day when he can hug me and look down on me (and this day will come soon enough, I know).  But for now, I am loving this affectionate stage.  And the knowledge that my "baby" is growing into a handsome and caring young man.  
Thankful?  
You better believe it!

As for my card installment today -->  We used the Hexagon Hive thinlit as part of our club card classes this month and I have been toying with the idea of pairing it with our Hexagon Punch.  So last night I decided to try see what I could come up with.

And I love it!

This piece from the Sweet Sorbet designer paper (FREE during Sale-A-Bration) offered a striking pattern and colour palette as a basis for my card.  I used my Hexagon Punch to create 'large' hexagons from the coordinating colours of cardstock and mounted these behind the solid windows that remain when you create the backgound piece with the Hexagon Hive thinlit.  I also used the hexagon hive thinlit itself to "punch out" smaller hexagons from these same coordinating colours.  Embossed and mounted on top of the solid windows, these gave me just the effect I was looking  A sentiment, a few rhinestones, and my card was complete.  

I am loving the way the punched Hexagon pieces layer so well behind the thinlit!!  What do you think?

Off to be useful today - I hope - but I leave you with this.  A gentle reminder.
Be thankful in the here and now for all the precious moments you have with the ones you love.  
Have a wonderful day and God Bless,    ~Cynthia     <><

Product List
Stamp : Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper [133521] , Itty Bitty Banners Clear-Mount Stamp Set [126257]
Ink : Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad [126980]
Card Stock : Crisp Cantaloupe 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock [131298] , Pool Party 8-1/2 X 11 Card Stock [122924] , Pistachio Pudding 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock [131294] , Summer Starfruit 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock [126839] , Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock [100730]
Punch : Hexagon Punch [130919]
Accessory : Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents [119246] , Stampin' Dimensionals [104430]
Big Shot : Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die [132965] , Bitty Banners Framelits Die [129267]

5 comments:

  1. Good Morning! What a lovely card, and even lovelier sentiments. God Bless you as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - the card was fun to create - it went from 'nothing' to something in the blink of an eye. As for the sentiments - I am only too aware that the ones we love can be here sometimes for only the blink of an eye. So the here and now is the BEST time to love them and appreciate them! Thanks for visiting today. May your 'week-end' and 'weekend' be wonderful God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  2. love the card and the sentiment as well...my baby has been looking down on me for awhile now...it really does go very fast! And he is still cuddly too and he is 19...as a parent we are truly blessed every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your input Val - especially since I know you were not feeling particularly healthy this morning! Hope you are feeling much, much better now! And hope your 19 yr old pampers you and takes care of you when you are ill! :) --------> or at least blows kisses from a safe distance across the room! ;)
      Hope you feel better soon. God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  3. Love this card Cynthia. Like the many others who commented, I will have to CASE it as well. Great idea!
    Rachelle.

    ReplyDelete