Sunday 8 December 2013

Another Sneak Peak - An Italian Christmas

Hello Friends

We had our team Christmas Party yesterday and it was an absolute blast!  Have I taken the opportunity to tell you how much I love and appreciate the ladies I get to work with?  Because if I haven't, now is as good a time as any!  These ladies ROCK!

I wanted to give my downline a chance to play with some of the new Spring catalogue products, but I also needed to keep the "Christmas theme" in the air....so.....remember last post when I promised you I would try to do something Christmas-sy with my new toys?........I used so many new products on this card, I started to lose count.  But here is the Christmas card I came up with:

I used the wonderful new Fringe Scissors to give my Real Red, Whisper White and Gumball Green edging some extra oomph!  The Angled Tag Topper Punch gave both ends of my stamped strip some extra character.  And I looped the luscious new Silver Baker's Twine through the top and bottom tag holes to anchor this strip to the card.  Then there is the Christmas tree image...believe it or not, from a new stamp set.  "Life In the Forest" includes all sorts of cute critter images, and also has these pines - which double quite nicely as Christmas trees if you ask me. 

So, all in all that comes to 4, yes, FOUR new Spring catalogue products used on a card that is still undoubtedly a Christmas card!  (It was pointed out to me, however, that the card also looks somewhat like the uniform for the Italian soccer team.  Can I help it if those Italians are always in the Christmas spirit??).

In addition to this card, my friends each got to make one of the gorgeous ornaments from the Festive Flurry Ornament set (order yours today!), along with 3 other really fun projects, my favourite of which I hope to show you tomorrow.  They brought wonderful food to share (I do love a good potluck!) and I think everyone went home happy!  But for right now....I am going to get busy and spend a bit of time making some of the many cards that I need to send out!

Speaking of getting busy - don't forget to register for Inspiration Stamp Day - Spring Edition (Jan 11, 2014).  We'll be making 20 different cards using fun new products from the Spring catalogue.  This is an event you won't want to miss!  Hurry and register before Dec 31 to get the Early Bird Pricing!

Back to the business at hand -- I am going to get busy now.  
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.  God Bless you all.    ~Cynthia        <><

No comments:

Post a Comment