Wednesday 20 March 2013

Club Card Done Oh So Well

Hey there friends

I just had several wonderful friends leave my home after creating some gorgeous cards at their monthly club night.  And one of my very artistic friends, Sonya, added her own little flair to one of the club cards to really step it up a notch.

I wanted to show my club members a brayer technique - and Sonya decided to emboss her image after she had finished stamping.  Of course, whenever you use the Square Lattice embossing folder after you've stamped, the image takes on the appearance of having been painted on canvas or linen.

Sonya embossed her card and what was initially a gorgeous card anyhow, became an absolute work of art.   She left here, card in hand, ready to give this gift of time and caring to a good friend who just lost his mother.

What a beautiful way to tell someone you are thinking of them during a difficult time in their life.

I hope all of my club members are as pleased with their creations as Sonya was.  And I hope when they pass their own cards on, they know how appreciative the recipients are!

Have a wonderful day my friends.  And despite our snowstorm yesterday, Spring is just around the corner.  Honest it is!!   :)

God Bless you all,       ~Cynthia     <><

4 comments:

  1. I love the way the brayered look came out, but I waw wondering if you could make a video tutorial on how to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Leah
      So glad you like the card. All of my club ladies made one similar this month - and each one has turned out just a little bit different. But ALL gorgeous. As for a video? I can certainly try....
      Hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful. God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  2. What a lovely card. Would very much like to learn this braying technique. Do you have a demo video? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very lovely card. Do you have a video showing the braying technique? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete