Saturday 7 July 2012

Sunflowers Give Me a Reason To Smile

Hi friends - and my apologies for missing a Fast & Fabulous Friday.  I have been so busy lately my head is still spinning.

In amongst that busy-ness, one of my friends, who reads my blog faithfully, commented that I had not yet posted a card using the 2-step stamping technique with the Reason To Smile stamp set.  I thought about it for a minute and realized how right she was.  So Monique my dear friend, this one is for you!    :)

Supply List
Stamps - Reason To Smile (available July ONLY), Tiny Tags
Paper - Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade
Ink - Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade
Big Shot -  Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Finishing Touches Edgelit
Tools and Accessories - Blossom Petals Builder Punch, 2-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals

I did not want the outline/detail of the flower blossom to be too overwhelming so I used Crumb Cake ink to stamp the outline.  Daffodil petals and a Chocolate centre completed the flower, while leaves from the Blossom Punch and hand-cut stems made up the foliage.  But my favourite part of this card are the sentiments on the leaves.  Don't you just love the cute-factor this adds!

I have about a million more things I need to do this weekend (or at least it seems that way) - not the least of which - I need to design a swap card for Convention.  I will be going to the Stampin' Up! Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah, in less than 2 weeks.  And I want to bring a set of swap cards with me to trade with other demonstrators from across North America.  This is my very first Convention and everyone tells me I am going to have a blast.  And I believe them....Just as long as I can get everything done that I need to, before I go!

So on that note, knowing I have lots left to do,  I bid you adieu until next time.
Hope you like the card you inspired, Monique.  And I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!  
God Bless,          ~Cynthia          <><

No comments:

Post a Comment