Sunday 15 July 2012

Convention Here I Come!

I hear great things about Convention.  The Stampin' Up! Convention that is.  It happens every year in Salt Lake City, Utah, and this year I am going.  It is the end of my first "official" year with SU!  --   since the SU! business year goes July 1 to June 30).  And this will be my first Convention.  But from what I hear from other demonstators, it will not be my last.  I am told that I will enjoy myself enormously!  And get almost no sleep.  And I expect both of these to be true if pics of previous Conventions are any indication.

I was incredibly lucky and honoured to be asked by Stampin' Up! if I would help give one of the classes at this year's Convention.  The class is called "I am...Earning an incentive trip" and it is designed to give tips and advice to other demonstrators who wish to earn an incentive trip in the future.  There are 2 fantastic demos from the US who are helping to give this class as well (Megumi Holland and Jill Hilliard) and I consider myself to be in exceptionally classy company.  At any rate, although we have read each other's electronic words and "met" during several conference calls, I have not yet met these exceptional ladies.  But bright and early tomorrow morning I will get my chance.  We have a rehearsal scheduled for 8:30 and I am excited to finally get to meet Meg and Jill in person (not to mention Karen Hauley from the Stampin' Up! head office who is running the class).

All this is to say that I have been en route in my travels since 6:30 this morning and am presently sitting in LAX, waiting for my connecting flight to Salt Lake.  Thank heavens for airport wifi!

I will try to have updated news from Convention over the next few days.  And some great pics of super cards too so keep visiting and checking my blog.  But in the meantime, if I have seemed neglectful in blogging recently, it was because I was so busy preparing to come to Convention!!

I hope your lives are far less busy but equally exciting!  Enjoy your week and God Bless,    ~Cynthia    <><

No comments:

Post a Comment