Thursday 12 April 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!!

Well I have told you all previously that I have the best mother in the world (sorry to disappoint all those out there who thought they had her).  I am here to add to that by telling you that I also have the world''s greatest father.  My cup runneth over and I am truly blessed.

I could wax poetic about my parents - but that's not why you came here   :)
Instead I will show you the card I made for my father - an avid fisherman - and hope that the pictures do it even just a little bit of justice!

I have an old retired Stampin' Up! set called Fishin' that came out in 1996.  This set was just itching to be used for my Dad's card so I stamped the bullrushes and weeds and water splash and fish all using Stazon Black ink, onto Naturals White cardstock.
I used my aquapainter to apply colour to the scene, including the water.  Once the image was coloured, I used a brayer to apply "sunrise" colours to the sky.  The image was cut out using the second largest Labels size of the Framelits, then the entire piece was spritzed liberally with a home-made shimmer mist.  It was mounted on a chocolate chip mat that had been embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder, then this was adhered to a Naturals White card.  Finally, the fish was covered with Crystal Effects to make him seem wet and slick.  Here is a close-up so you can see the shimmer on the scene, and the wet/slick look of the fish.

On the inside of the card I stamped a few more fish, a fishing pole and a tackle box and traditional fishing hat (think Tilley hat). 

 I really hope my father likes this card.  I tried to get the fish to resemble a rainbow trout (thank you Google Images!).  I am not certain how well I succeeded. But I know my father will appreciate the attempt!

This is a wonderful stamp set and perfect for my fisherman father.  I know it is retired and I really should sell it at my Open House in June but I am undecided so far.  I don't use if often enough to justify keeping it.  But will anyone else love it the way I do?!?!?  Certainly no one loves my father the way I do.  Well...maybe my 8 brothers and sisters (yes - you read that correctly.  I am one of 9 children.  Told you I had the world's greatest mother and father, didn't I?!).

At any rate, to that wonderful father (married to a wonderful woman), I say, "Happy Birthday and lots of love". 

And to the rest of you - enjoy your day.  The weekend is almost here!  God Bless,    ~Cynthia    <><

No comments:

Post a Comment