Thursday 26 April 2012

Going, Going, Almost Gone...Inspired By Nature

By now you must have seen the list of Retiring Accessories that Stampin' Up! released...?!  Absolutely massive, isn't it?!  I have a lot of stuff that is slated to be retired within a few short weeks, so there is one part of me that is in mourning - but another part is excited to see what goodies await us in the new catalogue....which, by the way, is being released to demonstrators on May 7.  Which means I can get it into your hands very soon after that.  Contact me (use the e-mail button on the right sidebar) to find out how you can get your very own, personal copy of the new catalogue.


Okay then.  Today's retiring stamp set is an oldie but most definitely a goodie - Inspired By Nature.  I love, love, LOVED this set the first time I laid eyes on it.  Something about it just spoke to me.  There have been many times when nothing else would do for a card I was making - except the grasses from this set.  Not sure what I will use if SU! doesn't come out with an equivalent image?  But I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it.



And if you've made it this far, you most certainly must have noticed that whenever I see the grass from this set, my mind drifts to butterflies!  Whether made using the Beautiful wings embosslit, or by being creative with the Blossom Petals Builder Punch, butterflies are my image of choice to pair with the grass stamp.

Hey everybody.....look at this card.  I totally broke from my comfort zone and combined the grass with.....butterflies!  Who could have predicted that, right?


I warned you, didn't I?  I just think this grass is begging to have butterflies flitting around in it.






All of these are cards that I made at classes over the past several years.  Naturally, the common theme is the stamp set - Inspired By Nature. 



But just to prove that I am not a one-image-kinda-gal.....here is a card using the other dominant image from the Inspired By Nature stamp set.  
Would you take a look at these gorgeous and majestic flowers.


Pretty stunning huh?  Are you convinced that you just can't live without it now?  And is it any wonder that the set was so very appropriately named "Inspired" By Nature?!?

If you feel the need - or just the desire - to be inspired by the grandeur of nature, then you really want to pick up this set before it is gone forever.  As for me?  I just might have to keep it in my stash.  Who knows when I will have butterflies just begging to flit and play among the grasses?  Right?


Have a spectacular end to your week.

God Bless,       ~Cynthia   <><

No comments:

Post a Comment