Friday 16 March 2012

Vanilla Doily

At Card Club last month I treated "my ladies" to a wonderful new product that Stampin' Up! is carrying.  SU! came out with 3 scented embossing powders; vanilla, melon and cherry.  And I've got to tell you, the vanilla one is subtle -- yet smells good enough to eat!

We started by stamping the Hello Doily image onto a piece of vanilla cardstock with Versamark, then applied the vanilla-scented embossing powder and heat embossed it.  Soft Suede ink was sponged onto the embossed image (Emboss Resist) and the vanilla piece and a Soft Suede piece were cut simultaneoulsy, using the new Edgelit dies from SU!  Yes friends, you CAN cut 2 pieces of cardstock at the same time with the edgelits.  And use a post-it note (or several) to hold down your cardstock and the edgelits so they don't move while running them through the Big Shot.

We used the corresponding Adorning Accent embossing folder to emboss a matching line on the vanilla/doily piece, then adhered it and the suede piece to a vanilla card base.  The corners were rounded using the SU! Corner Rounder punch, then the card edges were sponged with Soft Suede.  Finally, the Colour Spritzer Tool (a sadly under-used device) and a Soft Suede marker were used to add a splash of dots randomly over the card front

This card is gorgeous to look at, but even more impressive in real life.  And it smells heavenly!  The vanilla embossing powder is very subtle and positively delightful.  And -- cards that I made in December using this product still retain the scent!

My neice may use this card as a wedding card for her friends.  One of my friends will use this as a birthday card for her mother.  And yet another is using it as an anniversary card for her parents.  I just love when the same card design can be used for so many occasions!  Don't you?

Enjoy your weekend.  I know I certainly will!  God Bless,    ~Cynthia    <><

2 comments:

  1. It's positively lovely! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I just bought that Doily stamp and now I'm encouraged to try this with it as well as my own ideas. Just beautiful Cynthia.
    Cheers,
    Rachelle.

    ReplyDelete