Sorry - I could not resist the pun in the title. I really *do* love this Bonus coupon special that Stampin' Up! announced. Take a look at today's card, then read on to hear about the special.
Today's card was inspired by a Facebook post I just read. A fellow demonstrator (and more importantly, a friend) just wrote that she had earned enough points to qualify for next year's incentive trip to Thailand. I am not quite there yet (getting closer every day though), but I was excited to hear that Kim had earned it. And I will look forward to seeing her and her husband there.
So that made me smile.
And this card was conceived.
It was difficult to photograph this card since there is so much shine happening. I am not sure how well you can see it, but there is a gorgeous white-on-white image over the front of the card, including under the heart.
Speaking of the heart -- I cut a Real Red heart using the Sunshine Wishes thinlits, then applied Versamark all over it and added clear embossing powder. Once this was heat-set, I repeated the process to add a second layer of shine. Notice how the permanent-wet-look of the clear embossing powder on the Real Red cardstock has darkened it and made it look very intense and very elegant? I call this technique "Glazing" and you must admit, you end up with a Glazed embellishment, don't you?
I repeated this glazing process (Versamark and clear embossing powder x 2 times) with the outside edges of the Real Red mat of the card.
The stem and swoosh image from the Falling Flowers stamp set was stamped onto the cardfront using Versamark and - you guessed it - embossed with clear embossing powder to give the image a subtle white-on-white elegance.
I have to say, I am a big fan of white-on-white.
A sentiment from Suite Sayings, the heart popped up on fragments of Dimensionals (have I ever told you how much I *love* my Paper Snips?) and voila, a gorgeous card that has shine and elegance.
If you wish to order any of the products to recreate this card then I highly recommend you do so since Stampin' Up! announced a wonderful new Bonus Deal that begins today!
For every $60 you spend between July 7 and July 31 (before shipping and tax), you’ll get a $6 Bonus Days coupon that you can use August 2–31. This is a great opportunity to shop from your wish list in July (to accumulate coupons) and again in August (to "spend" your coupons)
- Promotion Period: July 7–31, 2016
- Redemption Period: August 2–31, 2016
- Participants will receive a $6 Bonus Days coupon code via email for every $60 they spend in a single order (catalog price before shipping and tax). There is no limit to the number of coupons participants can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion. There is no limit on the number of coupons participants can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupons codes can be used in the checkout process during the redemption period.
- An email address is required to participate in this promotion (Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email)
- It is strongly recommended that participants both save emails containing their Bonus Days coupon codes AND write down the coupon codes in a safe place. Codes cannot be resent if the email is lost, and lost codes cannot be recovered.
- Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any product, excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions. New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes can be redeemed.
Don't wait. Order your goodies today and start collecting Bonus Days coupons.
Have a wonderful day and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><