Sunday 21 February 2016

A *Very* Special Birthday Card!!

Hello My Friends

Friday morning my boss sent me a text and told me it was the Archbishop's birthday and said "Might you have a card you could bring for the staff to sign that we could give to him?"   And I very blithely answered....Sure.  Then raced downstairs to my Craft Cave to make a card for him.

I mean, I have birthday cards in my stash....but for the Archbishop????

I needed something not too frou frou.  No butterflies or flowers or ribbons or bows.  No glitter no nonsense.  Our Archbishop is a wonderful man.  Very solid.  Very learned.  And a fantastic shepherd to his people.  But it was still intimidating to think of making a card for him.




So I borrowed an idea from a Pin I have and altered it a bit and this is what I came up with.  Awesomely Artistic and Gorgeous Grunge to the rescue.  Along with the You've Got This background splotch.  Wink of Stella on the dragonfly wings to give a hint of translucence.   A retired sentiment that is exactly what I need in these sorts of situations!! And voila!

Hope he was blessed by it!  Although I signed the card I didn't get to say it in person so a much belated.....Happy Birthday your Grace.

Hope everyone's weekend has been wonderful. God Bless,   ~Cynthia    <><  


Product List

2 comments:

  1. That's lovely and perfect for someone of his stature. Well done!

    Yosha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely! This is fantastic birthday card for special someone and even the design is great. My husband’s birthday is next month and I want to do something special for him. Planning to host a surprise party at one of his favorite venues in Chicago. Hopefully he will like it.

    ReplyDelete