Wednesday 5 November 2014

Back To The Drawing Board

Good Morning My Friends

Well, I thought I had it.  I mean, I really thought I had it!  

One of my friends reminded me the other day about a technique I showed her several years ago - you cover an image with versamark and apply clear embossing powder on top of that and then you heat it.  You repeat this versamark-plus-clear embossing powder-then-heat 2 or 3 times until there is a shiny layer of clear embossing powder over the image....and I thought this would be just the thing to make my Gentle Peace stamp set come alive. 

I figured this would emulate glass much better than the Iridescent Ice embossing powder I tried a few days ago (which ended up being a little bit of a disappointment).

So I tried the layers of clear embossing powder.  Underwhelmed, for sure.

Don't get me wrong.  It's nice.  It is just a bit different.  But Wowzer?  Not really.  Not this time.

So, it'll be back to the drawing room to figure out some combinations of colours that please me in terms of this set.  Come back again tomorrow and you can see how far I've gotten.

Have a wonderful day and God Bless,   ~Cynthia   <><

No comments:

Post a Comment