Wednesday 25 June 2014

Lovin' My New Embossing Powder!

Hello Friends

Confession time....when they retired my Bright embossing powders (Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango and Melon Mambo) I was pretty sad.  I had just started to really use all the gorgeous bright colours against black backgrounds and I was loving the effect.

Well, I needn't have worried.  Enter Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral and Crushed Curry embossing powders!  Love, love LOVE the way they pop against a dark background!

And just to show you what I mean - voila!  Today's gorgeous card!

The Blended Bloom stamp set has been used a lot by demonstrators lately to show off the colouring potential of the Blendabilities....but it is a gorgeous image in its own right and just perfect as an outline image to show off the new colours of embossing powder.  Against black, the contrast is stunning.

Of course, we shouldn't ignore tone-on-tone effects -- it might not show up well in this photo, but just that little bit of Blushing Bride detail on the left-hand panel of this card breaks up all the "white space" and adds visual interest.

And just to make this card a wee tiny bit more special - it was created as a fancy fold card.  This particular arrangement of panels is called a Joy-fold and is easy to make, despite how involved it might seem.  Honestly friends, sometimes you can jazz up a card and kick it up a notch just by changing it from a standard card opening to something a little different!

I am really going to have to make a few more samples to show you the other great new colours of embossing powder.  And just for the record....No one makes higher quality embossing powders than Stampin' Up!  I've used powders over the years from various sources, many of them famous and reputable names in the crafting world....but I still haven't found any I like as much as the ones sold through SU!  Trust me when I say that they are the best of the best.

Off to do a little more prep now for my BOGO and New Catalogue Kick-Off party tomorrow night.  There is still time to join us if you haven't RSVP'd yet.  I'd love to get inky with you.  Just contact me to let me know!

Have a terrific day everyone, and I'll "see you" tomorrow!   God Bless,     ~Cynthia     <><

No comments:

Post a Comment