Thursday 3 April 2014

Thankful Thursday and the Promise of Spring

Hello Friends

Anyone who knows me understands that I am a kid at heart and I LOVE the wintertime with its snow and crisp mornings and the "Narnia-feel" to the landscape.  But I also love Fall.  And Summer.  And Spring.  So despite the fact that I fully expect a few more flurries and at least one more dose of true winter weather before Spring really hunkers down to stay, I am thankful for the 'promise' of Spring.

My front yard still has a 3 foot depth of snow and the snowbanks at the end of my driveway?  They'll be around for a while!  But we have had 3 consecutive days of (near-balmy) plus zero weather and some sunshine.  Things are starting to melt and you can just feel nature dying to break forth in all its glory.  

And I cannot help but feel excited myself.  Like I, too, am anticipating newness and growth.  Like if I hold my breath and just wait for it, life will burst forth in a dazzling display of colour.

So here is my Thankful Thursday card today.  Thankful for this feeling of anticipation.  Thankful that we are continually rejuvenated.  Thankful that the colour and majesty of Spring are soon to be on our doorstep.....

I resolved today to use some things from my repertoire that have seen little use of late.  So I dusted off my Delicate Doilies sizzlit, my Beautiful Wings embosslit, and my Papillon Potpourri stamp set.  ALL of which are items that I truly love - but have scarcely used in the last 12 months!

The card is simple, relying mostly on solid, punched pieces and only 2 colours paired with the Vanilla neutral.  But it still whispers in my heart that Spring is on its way.

And you?  Are you looking forward to Spring?  Or does that even require an answer......      ;)

Hope everyone enjoys a day that brings them hope and the anticipation of things to be thankful for!
God Bless,     ~Cynthia     <><


Product List
126842s
126859s
126843s
101650s
119976s
118138s
126999s
127526s
129406s
130698s
133322s
119855s
119856s
133155s
123759s
133107s

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Cynthia. I love those colours together. Yes I can't wait for our spring weather to arrive but I can feel it in the air as well and I can taste it. All good things come to those who are patient.

    Suzane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been blessed by these last few days of nice weather Suzane. I know I should be patient....but that has never been one of my strong suits! I will, however, look forward (patiently) to seeing you at the Crop on Sunday! Have a terrific Friday and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  2. Val (Vanessa) VanasseApril 03, 2014

    I absolutely love everything about this card!!! I love this time of year with the hope of spring right around the corner...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to see you at the meeting tonight Val - and share some ink and creativity! Yes, Spring is right around the corner (and we've all seen the FB picture of just that!). Can't wait to see some flowers instead of just stamp them! Have a wonderful evening my friend and and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  3. Very nice card! I'm looking forward to Spring and can feel it on the air, as well! Glad to hear you're dusting off some neglected supplies, since it's such a shame not to put them to use! (especially when they're so very nice!)

    Susan T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there Susan! Hope you've been dusting off your supplies too -- because they *are* nice!! :) And hope you'll be able to join us for our meeting on April 27? It would be wonderful to have your creativity and input there for April 27. In the meantime, have a wonderful upcoming weekend and and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete