Wednesday 27 November 2013

Serenity in Winter

    Hello My Friends

    While we get pummeled with blustery winds and "the white stuff", I thought I would very quickly show you some variations on a card that is all about winter, but has nothing to do with a storm.
    Apothecary Accents Framelit
    Oval Framelit (large)



    The Serene Silhouettes stamp set really is just that...."serene".  Combine that with muted colours (Sahara Sand with Cherry Cobbler birds) and a white-on-white background, and I think I've achieved a card that is both peaceful and classy / classic.  More "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" than "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree".  Don't you think?    :)
    Oval Framelit (small)

     















    The photographs do not seem to quite catch the sparkle and shine of the glitter (so reminiscent of our new-fallen snow here today) - it is subtle, yet striking.  Does that make sense?   :)




    I hope to show you the ins and outs of these cards tomorrow.  For now I will just quickly post them and wish you all a wonderful rest-of-your-week!

    God Bless,   ~Cynthia   <><

    1 comment:

    1. Cynthia, the red is so dynamic, ink and ribbon. The sparkles really do show up nicely. Your talent increases each day my friend. Carole

      ReplyDelete