Friday 15 November 2013

Fast and Fabulous Friday - Merry Mini Punches

Hello Dear Friends

Ready to see some cards that are so quick to make, I almost feel 'guilty' claiming them as hand-made?





I used several products that people either don't realize we sell at all, or products from the CarryOver list from last year - meaning they are still available to purchase, but they do not appear in any current catalogue.   And despite using some 'obscure' or lesser known products, I managed to create arguably the quickest cards I have ever created in my life!  Thanks to Julie Davison for the idea!





Moving on then -- These cute little cards are fast for many reasons:


1)  I used the notecards that Stampin' Up! sells so I didn't even have to cut or score my cardstock.  These notecards are a wonderful and often-neglected item in the catalogue (go on and admit it....you didn't even *know* we had notecards, did you?!?).  And with 20 cards and 20 envelopes for $7.50, they are a bargain!









2)  The only stamping I did was the sentiment from More Merry Messages And I stamped that in Real Red or Gumball Green or Crushed Curry, depending on which punch I decided to use.  (So glad More Merry Messages carried over from last year.  This is my go-to set for Christmas sentiments).


3)  Okay then...FIRST punch the star or tree or bulb using the Merry Mini Punch pack, THEN punch the 1" square around it (so much easier to centre the punched void this way!).  Mount this on a postage punched piece of coloured cardstock and voila.







I told you it didn't take long to make.  Add on 10 seconds more for the placement of a rhinestone, and the card is complete!


I used a variation of this to produce an easy peasy Thank You card too.  The sentiment from Lots of Thanks was stamped using Raspberry Ripple ink.  Cut this out using the one inch square punch, then use coloured paper and the postage stamp punch, a few ribbon bits and some bling and Ta Da....we're done!


Glad this was so Fast to make since I have too much to do today to linger too long on card-making.  I will see about my reality jobs now.  As for you my friends.....I hope you enjoy a terrific day and a wonderful weekend!!   ~God Bless,    ~Cynthia   <><

1 comment: