Sunday 11 August 2013

Heirloom Ornament Christmas

Hello Dear Friends

And Merry Christmas?   Nah!!  Just kidding!  But I do have Christmas on the brain right now since I have so many wonderful goodies from the Holiday Catalogue sitting in my stamp room, begging to get inky.  So today, I decided to try out the new Christmas Collectibles stamp set and the Chevron Border Punch.

The Punch is large folks.  Larger than our other border punches.  And the Chevrons it punches out are decisive and bold.  I love it.  No mickey-mouse alteration of a border for this punch, no sirree.  This punch means business.  

Pair that with the quaint, heirloom feel of the Christmas Collectibles Ornament images.  Quaint.  Delicate.  An air of fragility.  I love the contrast the punch and the stamped image make.  Add in the elegant script of the Special Season sentiment and the entire card is a contradiction in terms.

This IS only August so I am all for a Christmas card that makes you do a double take!

The photo is deceptive since in real life, all of the Vanilla pieces are one layer lower than everything in Pear Pizzazz.  The shadows make it seem as if the Vanilla elements are elevated, but in reality, they are an entire layer (one dimensional thick) down.  I sort of love when optical illusions change up the card and give me ideas for future cards......

I have a LOT more playing to do.  So many new toys.  So many ideas.  So few hours in the day.
Come back again and see what I've decided to get inky next.  Any guesses?  Any requests?

Until then - have a wonderful week ahead and God Bless,     ~Cynthia     <><

2 comments:

  1. Since you asked for requests, I was wondering if you could possibly make a card using the new thinlits?? You know, the ones that cut out the card for you (not the expressions ones)... Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne
      Back from Family Camp (my posts were all pre-scheduled to go up while I was gone) and despite 3 orthodontist appointments today, as well as untold volumes of laundry, I do have aspirations of getting inky and crafty! My Labels thinlit is on backorder - but my Circles thinlit is in one of these boxes that was waiting for me when I arrived home. I'll break open the box and get to work on creating. Thanks for the suggestion. Have a wonderful day and check back soon for the "answer to your suggestion" .
      God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete