Friday 17 May 2013

Happy Birthday Dearest

Wow - you guys must think I fell off the face of the earth.  And the fact that I am finally posting something means you have probably just fallen off of your chair!  But here I am.  Finally!

I will keep this short - that way I'll actually post something.

Yesterday was my darling husband's birthday.  I am married to a man I still adore (after almost 21 years of marriage!) and I know that I am extremely blessed.  So naturally I wanted to make a really nice birthday card for him.  How convenient that I also needed to have a card designed for my club ladies to make as a Father's Day card.  Presto, chango, my masculine Birthday card became a Father's Day card for my club ladies (or vice versa).

I found this card on the internet and just had to CASE it (Copy And Share Everywhere).  Isn't it wonderful?  The watch image comes from the Dapper Dad stamp set (Spring catalogue) and the Birthday sentiment is from Perfect Punches (main catalogue) and BOTH of these stamp sets are retiring at the end of May so get them while you can!   (The Father's Day sentiment is from Delightful Dozen and the background stamp is En Francais - both not retiring - phew!).  I love how the flattened bottle cap really makes it look like a true-to-life man's watch.  The watchface on the birthday card has a coating of Crystal Effects to give the glass-like appearance whereas the watch below (Father's Day) has been left uncoated.  
Bottle Cap for watch face

Not a monumental difference - but I do prefer the glass-look anyhow!

Of course, the card on the right uses no bottle cap at all - merely the watch, stamped and used as is.

No Bottle Cap
All of these cards are elegant.  All of them are sophisticated.  And all of them are masculine.  I love when you find a card like this on the internet and can CASE it.  Thank you Tamie Ackerson for such gorgeous inspiration!

I don't want to risk not finishing and posting this so I am going to end off here.  Stay tuned - tomorrow night I will report the results for the LateNightStampers Treasure Hunt and my own blog candy.

In the meantime I hope everyone is doing well.  Hope Mother's Day was wonderful for all of you.  And for my friends here in Canada - I hope you are all looking forward to a spectacular Victoria Day long weekend!

God Bless,    ~Cynthia     <><

PS  Happy Birthday Darling.  I love you!!!!    XOXOxoxoXOXOxoxo




2 comments: