Sunday 26 May 2013

Happy Birthday Darling

Well it's official....as of today, all 3 of my daughters are teenagers!  That still leaves means I have a son in the pre-teen age group, but as far as females are concerned, I only have "young women" in my household.

My youngest daughter absolutely loves birds and has taken much pleasure over the last week in watching Ruby-throated hummingbirds feeding at her hummingbird station.  So it was pretty easy to figure out what kind of birthday card I was going to make for her.  See what you think...

Supply List   
Stamps - Elements of Style (w118611, c120045), Beautiful Birthday (125562) - retiring, Teeny Tiny Wishes (w115370, 127802)    
Paper - Whisper White (100730), Raspberry Ripple (126842), Garden Green (102584)    
Ink - Raspberry Ripple (126859), Black StazOn (101406), Versamark (102283), Various Markers (119806)  
Tools and Accessories - Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder (101930), Decorative Label Punch (altered - 120907), Word Window Punch (119857), Paper Snips (103579),  Dazzling Diamonds (102023), Two-Way Glue Pen (100425), Rhinestone Jewels (119246)

Close up of hummingbird

Inside Card
You can see that I inked up the hummingbird with versamark, then coloured the appropriate areas with markers.  I stamped it onto cardstock, then the resulting stamped images were embossed with Iridescent Ice powder -  they almost shimmer the way those beautiful little creatures do in real life.  Of course, there had to be a hummingbird stamped on the inside with the greeting as well!

A bit of Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the outside of the card, and it is ready to be signed and delivered to the newest young lady in the household!

I know she'd rather be holding a real, live hummingbird, but I am pretty certain my not-so-little-anymore darling will appreciate the birds on this card as well!

Gotta go wrap some presents now.  Hope everyone is looking forward to a terrific Sunday and a wonderful week ahead!

God Bless,    ~Cynthia     <><

6 comments:

  1. Cynthia,
    That Hummingbird looks almost a twin to the ones at my window feeder. The shimmer was very clever. You do amazing work. That is one of my favorite stamp sets too bed it reached 65.
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful artwork with us during this fourth wet cold week of May
    Abundant Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday
    Happy Birthday to the new teen!!!!
    I have numerous woodpeckers, grosbeaks, canaries, chickadees, and a few others I had never seen before. They may have been on a migration path, stopping for sustenance. The racoon sat on the windowsill last night adding more slobber to the glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my dear friend
      Yes - we have the same assortment of birds. Lots of Goldfinches, nuthatches, woodpeckers, cowbirds, chickadees and sparrows. Pretty birds. Big birds. Little birds. Songbirds. Quiet birds. Lovely little fellows, all of them.
      We also have a Raccoon that has chosen to come and eat some sunflower seeds each day (ones that have fallen from the feeders) and except for the fact that he comes in the middle of the afternoon (shouldn't he be a nocturnal animal?), it is rather comical and exciting to see him. Hope you have enjoyed a wonderful weekend my friend. See you soon and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  2. Love birds as well. Beautiful job on the colouring/embossing. Thanks for the details of how to do this.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Shirley. My daughter loved it and my other daughters thought it was cool that their sister could get a card that was so personally matched to her tastes. I LOVE being able to custom-make cards for the people I love. I have the best job in the whole world!!
      Hope your week has started wonderfully! God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  3. Just stunning, Cynthia. I love the glitter/glimmer effect you've used. It really makes everything POP right off the card. Another stunning creation, and thanks SO MUCH for sharing with us this week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hummingbirds and the shimmer on this card and this is one of my favorite retiring sets as well!! I am sure that your daughter will appreciate the beauty and the thought that went into making this card for her special day!! Thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete