Friday 1 June 2012

Fast & Fabulous Friday - Betsy's Blossoms

Wow - the new catalogue goes live today and in all the excitement I almost forgot to post a card!  I have a BIG order to put in today, along with the typical 'million things to do', so I really needed to make a quick card today.  And since I have been so delinquent in posting recently...I decided to add a little spice to today's card to see which version you like best.  The first card is straight and simple.  Then I embossed the main image layer to see if you liked the stepped up version.  Then I added glitter to the 3rd version.  Start to finish, even with the extra embossing or glitter, took less than 10 minutes.  It took longer to take the photos!  (Sorry for the poor lighting.  I'll have to work on that).

I used the new stamp set Betsy's Blossoms and the new In Colours with the wondrous new and juicy version of ink pads.    Here's what I have for you today:



NB:  I used a 2nd generation stamp of the bird...that is, I inked up the stamp and stamped it on a scrap piece of paper before stamping the bird onto the card.   That way the bird would be slightly paler than the large blossoms on the background card.
 
Stamps - Betsy's Blossoms
Paper - Whisper White
Ink - Midnight Muse, Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green
Accessories - dimensionals

 Here is the same card with the top image piece embossed and sponging around the edges.

Stamps - Betsy's Blossoms
Paper - Whisper White
Ink - Midnight Muse, Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green
Accessories - Square Lattice Embossing folder, sponge, dimensionals


And last but not least, let's add some glitter to the Raspberry flowers and the bird.






Hope you like this card.  More importantly, have you seen the new catalogue?!?!  Check it out and if you are in the Ottawa area, come to our New Catalogue Kick-Off Party on June 18!!  Ask me for more details.  It is going to be a blast and I hope to see you there!

Have a terrific weekend and God Bless,     ~Cynthia    <><

1 comment:

  1. I like the glitter, not a big fan ofthe embossing.

    ReplyDelete