Monday 19 March 2012

No internet!!

This is so embarrassing - I have discovered how dependent I am on modern technology!

I left my parents' house and drove back to Ottawa Saturday night to a home without internet.  One of our modem cables fried and we were told by our service provider it would take about 5 business days for them to get a new one to us.  So we have no internet at home.  For an entire week (or more!!)!  Right now I am sitting in my car, in the parking lot of our local library, typing this on my lap-top since the library has free wifi that goes right through the walls.  How pathetic do I sound?!?    :)

I can't believe how difficult it has been to have no internet.  Even my kids are at a loss.  Every morning they go online to check the weather for the day before they head out to the bus-stop - now they look at me wide-eyed and wonder how they will know what to expect from the day's weather.  When did we become so hard-core dependent on modern technology?  It is awfully embarrassing!  My husband and I didn't have internet at all until about 17 yrs ago.  And we only got rid of our very slow but oh-so-inexpensive dial-up internet about 4 yrs ago.  And now....now I can't go a day without driving over to McDonald's (free wifi) or the library (free wifi) or my daughter's orthodontist (free wifi) to respond to all the e-mails that are piling up.  (insert sheepish grin here).

Don't laugh.  I'd like to see how you'd feel if you had to go internet-less for a week.  It's not easy!   :)

So if you send me a message and I don't respond right away, please forgive me.  It must not be time for a drive over to my local wifi-outlet yet.

To all of you WITH internet who are reading this right now....God Bless,    ~Cynthia   <><

1 comment:

  1. Carole Robb BissonMarch 20, 2012

    No wonder you didn't answer the email I sent. I was about to call you.
    If you ordered the punch I'll bring you the money. Just let me know.
    Blessings
    Tay's Grandmother

    ReplyDelete