Saturday 10 March 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!!

What if I told you that I had the best mother in the entire world.  And what if I said it was her birthday today!  Would you join me in wishing her all the best and saying a little prayer for her health and her happiness in the coming year.

I actually created the Butterfly Birthday card for my mother's birthday- but I was so excited that it qualified for the SUO challenge that I posted it right away.  And then I started to feel badly that my mother's card was posted before she even got a chance to see it (not that I think she would have gone to my blog and seen it anyhow, but still).  So I decided she needed a second card that didn't get posted for all the world to see until AFTER she had received it (I hope).  So I CASEd another one of my favourites and came up with this beauty. 
 This is virtually the same as the card I posted on Feb 18, but I used a blender pen to quickly add some pink tones (Regal Rose and Pretty In Pink) to the blossoms.  I think it is quite lovely.  And I am sure my mother will appreciate it.  She will especially appreciate the poem I wrote for her.  I have written my own poems for decades and when I am too busy to write a poem for my card, that's when my mother is disappointed.  So this year she is bound to be happy.  She received 2 cards from me and a poem too.  Lets hope Canada Post got them to her in time for her March 10th celebration!

At any rate - Happy Birthday to the best mother in the world - My Mom.  
I love you lots and lots.
God Bless,   ~Cynthia      <><

No comments:

Post a Comment